Advanced Light Microscopy and Spectroscopy Laboratory
ALMS Confocal MicroALEX Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy
Main uses: Alternating laser excitation spectroscopy. FRET ratio and stoichiometry measurements at very low light levels
The MicroALEX-FCS is a custom built single-molecule microscopy set-up for alternating laser excitation spectroscopy
Highlights of this microscope include:
- Confocal or wide-field geometry.
- Olympus IX71 microscope stand.
- 3 alternating lasers (blue, green and red) for FRET-based measurement in solution.
- Alternating Laser Excitation spectroscopy: ALEX.
- 3 APD detectors.
- Fast time-correlated counting board (6 ns-resolution).
- EMCCD camera and PC computer for recording and processing data.
- Data can be plotted with stoichiometry vs. FRET to show different fluorochrome FRET combinations much like a plot from a flow cytometer.