Advanced Light Microscopy and Spectroscopy Laboratory
Leica TCS-SP5 AOBS Confocal Microscope
Main Use: Standard and fast scanning confocal microscopy through the visible spectrum
The Leica TCS SP5 Confocal fully covers a broad range of requirements in confocal and multiphoton imaging with excellent overall performance. The system provides the full range of scan speeds at the highest resolution.
With its proven, high-efficiency SP detection (five channels simultaneously) and AOBS (Acousto Optical Bream Splitter), the Leica TCS SP5 delivers bright, noise-free images with minimal photo damage at high speed.
- Leica Inverted DMI6000 microscope stand.
- DIC, 6 PMTs.
- CO2/temperature controlled enclosure for time-lapse imaging of live cells.
- Single photon lasers (attenuated using acousto-optical tuning filters (AOTFs)).
- Argon laser:excitation lines at 458, 476, 488, 496 and 514 nm (blue-cyan).
- 3 helium-neon lasers: excitation lines at 543 (green), 594 (orange) and 633 (far red) nm.
- 405 nm violet (near UV) laser for near UV excitation.
- Acousto-Optical Beam Splitter (AOBS).