Requirements and policies for the use of the CNSI ALMS/MSI Facilities:
For use the microscopes and other equipment in the CNSI Advanced Light Microscopy Facility, you agree to the following:
1) MOST IMPORTANT!!! That you will acknowledge the CNSI Advanced Light Microscopy Facility in your all publications resulting from you work in the Facility. You need to and must put this line in your acknowledgements:
"Confocal laser scanning microscopy [or other appropriate method] was performed at the California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI) Advanced Light Microscopy/Spectroscopy Shared Resource Facility at UCLA".
You may choose to acknowledge Dr. Laurent Bentolila or Dr. Matthew Schibler at your discretion. Please provide the Facility with a reprint, a PDF file or a link to any publications with images taken or data obtained in the Facility.
2) That you will follow all the rules for use of the facility and the instructions of the directors.
3) That you will be responsible for keeping the instruments in good working order and cleaning up after yourself.
4) That you will be responsible for any damages or loss to the equipment.
5) That any publication cover that you get from images taken in the Facility, that you will provide a publisher’s copy of that cover to the Facility for display.We would be most pleased to display it in the Facility with credit to you and your lab.